TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The OUA Unit Scholarship Competition (the "Promotion") will begin 9 May at noon (AEST) and ends 15 May 2016 at 5pm (AEST) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. By entering the competition, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to Australian citizens aged 13 years or older at the time of entry who have registered to study with Open2Study.
4. Employees and their immediate families of Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (“Promoter”), subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter, participants must visit the Promoter’s competition web page at https://openuniversities.asia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_54QU2Tz9Syb8jJj (“Website”) and complete the entry form, including answering the questions:
7. Within 3 days after the end of the Promotion Period, 5 winning entries will be chosen by a judging panel, who will review all entries submitted. The judging panel is located at 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC, Australia. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be chosen according to the judges’ assessment of the most inspirational entry.
8. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win.
9. Entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period in order to be eligible for consideration. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by the Promoter of such entry.
11. The cost of accessing the Website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
12. There are 5 prizes and each prize is a scholarship to study 1 unit of an OUA undergraduate course, being the unit identified in each winning entry. Under the scholarship, OUA will pay 100% of the tuition fee for the relevant unit. The terms of the scholarship (including eligibility requirements) are the same as the Promotion.
13. The prize winners will be notified by email and their names will be published on the website.
14. Each prize winner must enroll in their chosen unit by 5:00pm (AEST) on 20 May 2016 in compliance with OUA’s usual enrolment process. If a prize winner fails to enroll by the deadline, the prize will lapse and go unawarded.
15. The estimated retail value of each prize is up to $1114 each.
16. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed.
17. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the affected entry (ies) will be deemed ineligible.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Promoter from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
22. The Promoter is Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 97053431888) of 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3001.