Are you awesome? Of course you are.
On this special day, the International Day of Awesomeness (March 10), we've launched a nationwide search for our most awesome OUA students. To do that, we're hosting a competition.
Tell us about how awesome you’ve been this Study Period, and we’ll award you for your awesomeness. It’ll be awesome.
To enter, visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OpenUnisAu), post a photo of yourself being awesome, and tell us why you deserve an award.
We’ve got 5 categories of awesomeness for you to choose from, and we’ll be giving away prize packs worth $75 to the best submissions. You’ll also get a rosette to wear proudly on your chest, which will be awesome.
Awesomely Organised Award
Do you arrange your highlighters by colour, make sure your study journals are all the same size & colour, have a unique filing system for study notes, or work to a sophisticated study timetable? You’re awesome.
Awesomely Virtuous Award
Do you resist the urge to dial for takeaway when stressed, exercise regularly during exam week, manage to juggle kids and pets and work deadlines with study, or find the time to give back to your community? You’re awesome.
Awesomely Studious Award
Did you get all your set tasks done in Week 1, get through all the required AND recommended readings, start your exam preparation early, or never miss a lecture? You’re awesome.
Awesome Procrastinator Award
Not all of us are superhuman. But we still think you're awesome. So if all your textbooks are still in their wrappers, but you’ve managed to cater for an entire bake sale, give your house an early spring clean, and work in a soup kitchen - don't worry. You’re still awesome.
Awesomely Something Else Award
Maybe you have another category for which you’d like to nominate yourself? You can do that too. Just let us know how uniquely awesome you are, and we'll reward you.
OUA DAY OF AWESOMENESS COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. “Timeline Promotion” will begin Thursday, 10 March 2016 at 12pm (AEDST) and ends Monday 21 April 2016 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. By entering the competition, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are thirteen years of age or older at the time of entry.
4. Employees and their immediate families of Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (“Promoter”), subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter, participants must visit the Promoter’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/OpenUnisAu, and submit a response to the competition question:
Tell us about how awesome you’ve been this Study Period, and we’ll award you for your awesomeness. To enter, visit our Facebook page, post a photo of yourself being awesome, and tell us why you deserve an award. We’ll choose the best, most deserving entries to win a prize pack.
7. The competition will be launched Thursday 10 March 2016. Each Thursday during the period of 17 March 2016 – 21 April 2016, one winning post will be chosen by a judging panel, who will review all entries submitted. Five winners total will be chosen during the Promotion Period. The judging panel is located at 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC, Australia. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be chosen according to the creativity of their posts in response to the competition question.
8. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win.
9. Entries must be received by midday of each Thursday within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible for consideration. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by the Promoter of such entry.
10. Entry must be completed and submitted by the entrant, only at the website (https://www.facebook.com/OpenUnisAu). Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this competition.
11. The cost of accessing the website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
12. The prize winners will be notified on Facebook.
13. The prize winners will be sent their prize by mail after submitting their contact information when requested. Should the entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoters.
14. Entrants will have one week after the conclusion of the Promotion Period to accept their prize and confirm their mailing address via private message to the Promoter’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OpenUnisAu). If an Entrant fails to accept their prize by 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday 29 April for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to choose an alternate winner.
15.. The Promoter will make attempts to contact another prize winner in accordance with the above procedure until Monday 30 May 2016, after which time if there is still no confirmed prize winner the prize may go unawarded.
16. 5 prizes are available for this competition. The Prize consists of 5 ‘Study Packs’ made up of various study related accessories.
17. The estimated retail value of each prize is $75.00 each.
18. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed.
19. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the affected entry (ies) will be deemed ineligible.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify each of the Promoter and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
24. This competition is in no way promoted, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
24. The Promoter is Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 97053431888) of 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3001.