TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The “OUA Student Experience Promotion” will begin Thursday 17 November 2016 at 3pm (AEDST) and ends Friday 25 November 2016 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. By entering the competition, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are thirteen years of age or older at the time of entry.
4. Employees and their immediate families of Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (“Promoter”), subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter, participants must complete a survey and submit a response to the competition question by explaining in 25 words or less ‘What’s the best thing about studying through OUA?’.
7. The competition will be launched Thursday 17 November 2016. The 10 best responses will be chosen by a judging panel, who will review all entries submitted. Ten winners total will be chosen during the Promotion Period. The judging panel is located at 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC, Australia. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be chosen based on according to the creativity of their answers in response to the competition question.
8. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win.
9. Entries must be received by Friday 25 November at 11:59pm (within the Promotion Period) in order to be eligible for consideration. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by the Promoter of such entry.
10. Entry must be completed and submitted by the entrant, by responding to the competition question via the OUA Student Experience survey. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other survey, web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this competition.
11. The cost of accessing the online survey will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
12. The prize winners will be notified via email. Prize winners will be required to provide their contact details and mailing address at the time of notification.
13. The prize winners will be sent their prize by mail after submitting their contact information when requested. Should the entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoters.
14. Entrants will have one week after the conclusion of the Promotion Period to accept their prize and confirm their mailing address via email. If an Entrant fails to accept their prize by 5:00pm (AEST) Friday 09 December 2016 for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to choose an alternate winner.
15. The Promoter will make attempts to contact an alternative prize winner in accordance with the above procedure until Friday 16 December 2016, after which time if there is still no confirmed prize winner the prize may go unawarded.
16. 10 prizes are available for this competition. The Prize consists of a $100 Visa Gift voucher.
17. The retail value of each prize is $100.00 each.
18. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed.
19. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the affected entry(ies) will be deemed ineligible.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. On submission, entries become property of the Promoter and the Promotor reserves the right to edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of your entry. By submitting an entry you agree to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consent to the use of the entry in any manner as the Promoter may wish (including modifying or publishing the entry, in whole or in part ), directly or indirectly through third party without compensation.
24. The Promoter is Open Universities Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 97053431888) of 473 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3001.